One Final Kauai Vacation Bring-Down and Advance Planning for Future Bring-Downs
Just FYI, there were a couple days of my Kauai vacation that looked (and felt) like this:
Even better: it’s at Wal-Mart. Saw this pic again looking through my photos today. Made me feel slightly better about being, you know, not there. Similarly, any time I think about my Utah house, I try to remind myself of the sound of the 2 AM air conditioners on top of the [fetch]ing Cabela’s in my backyard.
And when I leave my current place and later start feeling those twinges of regret for having done so, I’ll want to remember:
- The tiles.
- Those stupid, belligerent giant birds sitting on my deck railing.
- Cleaning up after those stupid, belligerent birds.
- My kayak disappearing.
- The sprinklers coming on at 1:30 AM.
- No overhead lighting.
- The sound of fire engines carrying across the lake.
- The non-stop, all-day jazz festival, the sound of which also carrying across the lake.
- The gate guards’ unwillingness to let my guests in ever.
- Parking lot speed bumps.
Okay, I’m ready.