Meanwhile, Back at the Ranch (-Style House): Kitchen Update
You know, I was thinking that I didn’t want to be talking about all the many, *many* major things I’d done in the house on the blog for concern that professors from school might be haunting this space. It seems silly in retrospect. I haven’t done a whole lot of work since school started, but I’ve done some and whatever.
Since I last posted about the kitchen, I’ve done the following:
- Installed the toe-kicks on the cabinets.
- Installed baseboards on the walls (mostly).
- Put up the “field tile” on the backsplash.
- Installed the microwave (my dad helped with this).
Which doesn’t seem like much for a three month time period. Also: my dad installed the transition strip between the kitchen tile and the living room hardwood (thanks!).
Photo from way before:
OTOH, I like that my new blender looks like it has teeth on the front of it. Sharp, sharp teeth (and wavy).
Still to go!:
- The edge tile and grout on the backsplash.
- Veneered facing on areas under the microwave.
- Finish baseboards (right now none of the mitered joints have been attempted).
And I’m not sure I’d really call it a ranch-style house. Otherwise, fine.