Criteria for Determining My New Home Town
Posted on: 14 September 2008 /
- Not outrageously expensive to buy a home; national average would be a good fit — a real estate market conforming to fundamental values would be a huge, huge plus.
- Traffic isn’t a disincentive to do things.
- Low average tax rate.
- Relatively respectful of the second amendment.
- A lot of easily-accessible, worthwhile, pretty outdoor opportunities (mountains, lakes, rivers, etc.).
- When people say “yes” there, they often mean it.
- Not a consumerist, keeping-up-with-the-Joneses culture.