- Strikes impressive pose against red-clay graveyard backdrops.
- Complete inability to effectively lock vehicle (you can’t lock the zippers and velcro that keep the top on) enforces devil-may-care attitude regarding stuff.
- Has an AUX jack for your iPod.
- “When you’re driving behind a Kia and the Kia makes it through the flooded road all right, then you’re probably okay with the Jeep.”
- Constant wind in your face keeps reminding you you’re alive.
- Getting into the back seat is best performed Dukes of Hazzard-style.
- Going off-road seems like a good idea, no matter the circumstances.
- Short wheel base means you can fit just about anywhere.
- The line between “efficiently simple” and “outright cheap” gets a little blurry around this vehicle.
- It’s kind of weird that you can never really lock the car.
- It’s not that easy to put the top back up. And when you get stuck in a sudden downpour while heading up a slick 4×4 trail along a ridge in Waimea Canyon, it becomes less easy.
- You’re not the only one who thought it’d be fun to rent a Jeep while on Kauai.
Bottom line, though, is that I kind of want to get me one of these for home. I live in one of, like, three geographies in the US where it makes sense to own one — aren’t I kind of screwing up by not having one??