Brian Dunn CV
Content below is abridged from full CV (updated June 2019).
Assistant Professor, Management Information Systems
Utah State University
PhD, Information Systems Management, University of Pittsburgh (2014)
MBA, Information Systems and Strategy, University of California, Irvine (2002)
BA, Brigham Young University (1996)
Human-Computer Interaction with Digital Platforms, Bias and Critical Thinking
- B. K. Dunn, N. Ramasubbu, D. F. Galletta, P. B. Lowry. “Digital Borders, Location Recognition, and Experience Attribution within a Digital Geography” (2019). Journal of Management Information Systems, Vol. 36, No. 2, June 2019.
- I. Im, B. K. Dunn, D. Lee, D. F. Galletta, S. Jeong. “Predicting the Intent of Sponsored Search Users: An Exploratory User Session-Level Analysis” (2019). Decision Support Systems, Vol. 121, June 2019.
- G. Moody, D. F. Galletta, B. K. Dunn. “Which Phish Get Caught? An Exploratory Study of Individual Susceptibility to Phishing” (2017). European Journal of Information Systems, Vol. 26, No. 6, November 2017.
- C. Kemerer, B. K. Dunn. “Netflix Inc.: The Disruptor Faces Disruption” (2017). Ivey Publishing Case Study.
- G. Moody, L. J. Kirsch, S. A. Slaughter, B. K. Dunn, Q. Weng. “Facilitating the Transformational: An Exploration of Control in Cyberinfrastructure Projects” (2016). Information Systems Research, Vol. 27, No. 2, June 2016.
- D. F. Galletta, B. K. Dunn. “Assessing Smartphone Ease of Use and Learning from the Perspective of Novice and Expert Users”. AIS Transactions on HCI, Vol. 6, No. 4, December 2014.
- A. D. MacCormack, B. K. Dunn, C. F. Kemerer. “Barnes & Noble: Managing the E-Book Revolution (Case Study)” (2013). Harvard Business School Case No. 9-613-073. Named a “Most Popular” case by Harvard Business Publishing.
- A. D. MacCormack, B. K. Dunn, C. F. Kemerer. “Research In Motion: The Mobile OS Platform War (Case Study)” (2012). Harvard Business School Case No. 9-613-001. Named a “Most Popular” case by Harvard Business Publishing.
- “The Efficiency–Exposure Paradox: Reconciling the Conflicting Effects of Website Browsing Behaviours on Non-Transactional Outcomes,” Invited Presentation, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah, October 2018.
- “Eye of the Blamestorm: An Exploration of User Blame Assessment within Compound Digital Platforms,” Invited Presentation, University of Bern, Switzerland, May 2018.
- “Eye of the Blamestorm: An Exploration of User Blame Assessment within Compound Digital Platforms,” Pre-ICIS SIG-HCI Workshop, Dublin, Ireland, December 2016.
- “Digital Geography: An Experimental Investigation of Digital Borders, Location Recognition, and Experience Attribution,” INFORMS, Philadelphia, Pa., November 2015.
- “’Lost in Cyberspace’: An Experimental Investigation of Digital Borders, Location Recognition, and Experience Attribution,” Big XII+ MIS Symposium, Ames, Iowa, April 2015.
- Discussant, “Marketplace or Reseller?” (Andrei Hagiu and Julian Wright), Platform Economics and Strategy Symposium, Boston, Mass., July 2013.
- “Benchmark Task Development for Smart Phone Usability,” Hawaii International Conference on System Science, January 2013.
- “Digital Advertising’s Human Toll and How Implied Cost-to-User Affects Web Content Platforms,” Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, January 2012.
Assistant Professor, Utah State University, Huntsman School of Business
- MIS 2100, Introduction to MIS (Undergraduate) (2017-19)
- MIS 3300, Business Data Analytics (Undergraduate) (2017-19)
- MIS 3450, UX/UI and Web App Development (Undergraduate) (2018-19)
Assistant Professor, University of Oklahoma, Price College of Business
- MIS 5602, Management Information Systems (MBA Core) (2014-17)
- MIS/ACCT 3353, Accounting IS/Database (Undergraduate) (2014-17)
Lecturer, University of Pittsburgh, Katz School of Management
- BMIS 2411, Introduction to Information Systems (MBA Core) (2011)
- BMIS 2687, Managing Big Data (MBA Elective) (2013)
BNY Mellon Corporate Social Responsibility Doctoral Student Grant, $2,000 grant for research into topics related to corporate social responsibility, 2013.
BNY Mellon Research Fellowship, written with C. F. Kemerer. $20,000 grant for research into topics related to corporate social responsibility, 2011.
Office of Research and Creative Activities Grant, Brigham Young University. $1,000 grant for undergraduate thesis research, 1996.
Senior Manager, E-Commerce and Online Marketing. Toshiba America Information Systems, Irvine, Calif.; June 2006 to July 2009.
Director of Business Development. EndPoint Corp., New York, N.Y.; October 2005 to June 2006.
E-Commerce Program Manager. Epson America, Long Beach, Calif.; May 2001 to September 2005.
Web Content Producer (Baseball). sportsTALK.com, Palo Alto, Calif.; October 1999 to April 2001.