Ways in Which the US Has Become More Fascist in My Lifetime
Fascism = “the welfare of the state is more important than the welfare of the individual”.
- Seatbelt laws.
- Patriot Act.
- Airport security.
- Airport closures for “suspicious comments” (and exploded batteries).
- Homeland security.
- DUI checkpoints.
- Helmet laws.
- Mandatory waiting periods.
- Car seat laws.
- School attendance requirements.
- Having to register with your driver’s license in order to buy Sudafed.
- Marijuana busts by helicopter.
- Real ID.
- Social Security identification for newborns.
- Neighborhood speed bumps.
- No Child Left Behind
- Tax refund IOUs.
- Increase in paramilitary police units.
- State-enforced smoking bans in private establishments.
- No-knock warrants.
- Sorbanes-Oxley maybe.
Note: this isn’t a particularly serious piece of research or anything. But I still think I’m probably right. And I’m probably missing several major instances. Meh.